Tuesday 27 March 2012

Disconnected


My mum comes to help out on Tuesday's and I'm always grateful for all her help when she leaves.

As well as fold washing and do dishes today she also looked after the boys for an hour or so while I spent some time alone, under a tree at Lake Parramatta. It's so rare that I'm by myself doing absolutely nothing and to be honest I found it hard to just sit or lay there without the urge to be doing something on my phone. With so much technology these days are we ever really disconnected and just with ourselves?

1 comment:

  1. We were discussing just this subject in my craft group on Tuesday. ok, we are all middle aged women who can remember the time when we only had the house phone as a way of communicating. We decided that we were better organised than we are now, and that sometimes our mobile phones are a nuisance, because there are times when we don't want to be found.

    ReplyDelete