Saturday 10 March 2012

Party food


I love party food and at tonight's party there were a few things on the menu I hadn't seen before.

First up what I think Wendy called Sputnik, something she said she remembers from when her mum entertained. It's basically cheese, cabanossi and onions or gherkin on a toothpick and stuck into an orange. 

I also helped make devilled eggs which I don't recall ever having before. That was evident when I cut the eggs the wrong way in half. These are hard boiled eggs cut in half lengthways with the yolks scooped out, mashed, curried and then put back into the whites. For someone who likes eggs they were very yummy.

The third thing that stood out as different was the tuna mold. I didn't help making this one but it's a tuna type dip in the shape of a fish and again, was very yummy.

I'm not sure if I haven't seen these things before because traditions and rituals differ from family to family or whether the differences are more border related. Whatever the reason it's the differences between us all that make life so interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment