Sunday 8 January 2012

A day of rest and relaxation


I spent the morning with Noah while Darren took Isaac out to practice his bike riding and for a spot of grocery shopping. It allowed me to have a bit of a nap while Noah slept but it also meant that Isaac could have some valuable one on one time with Dad which he said tonight he 'loveded'. Now that Noah is sleeping through the night he's a very happy baby in the mornings so I've been able to take some pretty cute photos of him lately including this one.

During the afternoon Darren and I chilled out listening to some classic albums starting with Rumours by Fleetwood Mac and then took a trip through the Beatles collection. I was impressed to learn they released 12 albums in the space of only 10 years. I knew they had a lot of songs but that many albums in such a short time is unheard of today. We've talked recently about having more music in our house both for the general mood of the place but also to give the boys access to these types of classic tunes. I'd read an article a while ago that suggested the rise of personal music players such as iPods etc has meant that the different generations aren't exposed to each others music anymore. I have to agree and think it's good to have an appreciation for all different types of music, young and old.

2 comments:

  1. Agree, I played music most of the time, Eric Clapton, Eagles, Beatles, Fleetwood Mac,Creedence Clearwater etc. When I had to face the housework it was loud, ACDC, Cher, etc. Music was always a part of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was pregnant Dj would go mental inside whenever 80's music was on. My iTunes is full of classics and I think that having much older brothers allowed me to be exposed to such a wide variety of diff music.

    ReplyDelete