Friday 6 January 2012

My, what a Darling Harbour we have


I couldn't decide on just one photo for today so I merged four into one - is that cheating?

Today the boys and I headed into the city to meet Darren and some friends from New Zealand for lunch. We started out at King Street Brewhouse on King Street wharf then after lunch we thought we'd take Isaac to the new playground at Darling Harbour. We forgot to take the skateboard attachment for the pram so it was quite a hike between the restaurant and the playground for a four year old. After stopping every 10 steps to take in something new, we reached kid heaven. There were a few carnival type rides set up so Isaac and I went on the carousel. Of course he wanted to sit in the car of the carousel not on one of the horses.

Then to the new playground which, I have to say, is quite impressive. Isaac really liked the water area where they had water wheels, canals, fountains and lots more. Luckily I'd taken a change of clothes. The playground was packed and I can see why. There's so much for kids of all ages to enjoy.

Next stop ice cream and then Isaac and I took the train that takes you around the Harbour back to King Street wharf. Judging by the smile on Isaac's face, I think this was the highlight of his day. I was surprised by all the work that's been done between IMAX and the Chinese gardens, it's been a while since I've been down that end of town. There's also no shortage of restaurants around the harbour!

What a lovely way to spend the afternoon. We're all exhausted and will definitely sleep well tonight :)

1 comment: