Saturday 21 April 2012

Actor On A Box

 
I took Isaac to the Sydney Theatre Company today for a viewing of Actor On A Box. It was a one person show aimed at children 4+ and retold the stories of The Emperors New Clothes, Hansel and Gretel and Jack and the Beanstalk. 

Isaac has quite a big imagination so when a friend told me about the show I knew I had to take him. I wanted to introduce him to drama and acting because I think it's something he might enjoy doing himself at some stage. 

The actress was great and very engaging with the audience (kids and adults) but I think Isaac felt a bit mixed about it. There were parts that he really seemed to enjoy and laugh at but I think in general the concept of one person playing several parts was a bit confusing for him. 

Regardless, it was a great way for him and I to do something fun together and I hope he'll let me take him along to more artsy things like this in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment