Sunday 22 April 2012

Op shopping


I took myself op shopping for a couple of hours this morning. Although I was mainly going for a browse I was hoping to maybe pick up a pot for one of the plants I bought last weekend. Instead I came across this adorable little wooden rocking horse for the boys. It could do with a sand and a bit of paint but for $10 I just couldn't walk past it.

Recycling seems to be a bit of a theme this weekend actually. Yesterday I rinsed out some old glass jars I had in the cupboard which I'm now using as candle holders and today Darren went to pick up some old bricks someone offered us as edging for our garden. It feels good to be giving new life to things that would otherwise end up in the garbage bin.

2 comments:

  1. I have bought an adorable window from ebay, which I'm going to shabby up a bit and use above the bed in the spare room. Today while opening cans and jars I was thinking of what I could do with them, and think I need a box to store them in. I have a wish folder that I put ideas in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a bit of op shopping and what a great find you scored! I got a funky dessert stand today which is made from old records!

    ReplyDelete