Monday 14 May 2012

Hot apple pie


Mmmmmm. On a cold night a warm piece of apple pie was perfect (who am I kidding any night is good for hot apple pie).

Tonight's was the store bought variety but for as long as I can remember my Nan has always made apple pie for special occasions. One of the highlights of our birthdays is having Nan make us an apple pie. She has kept her recipe a secret for many years but has recently talked about passing it down so it can continue to be enjoyed for generations.

As yet, no one has put their hand up to take the baton. With my recent ventures into baking maybe I should give it a go.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you should. I've recently started to make apple pie from scratch, as you have just said Nana and Mum were the ones to make apple pie in our family as well, but, now they have both gone, so I wanted see if I could produce a pie as good as theirs. I found a recipe in a Better Homes and Gardens magazine and found it was easier than I thought, it might not have been the same but it was very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to one next week. Maybe the two of you should have a bake off - two pies are better than one. :)

    ReplyDelete