Monday 4 June 2012

Technology


We needed a change of scenery today so the boys and I visited Nanna for the afternoon. 

She'd just bought Happy Feet 2 in 3D so Isaac got to wear the 'silly glasses' while he watched the movie. It was the first time he has seen anything 3D and I think he was impressed. As expected, he didn't last the whole movie though and complained he was feeling a bit sick. I don't blame him, I'm a bit the same whenever I watch anything in 3D.

I'm always amazed at the technology that this generation of children will grow up with. All the technology around us these days seemed unimaginable to us only 15-20 years ago and often we're still in awe of just what is possible (although we're also very quick to complain when the technology doesn't work). But for them it's just how it has always been. I've seen Isaac try to touch computer monitors to get things to happen because, for him, isn't every surface a touch screen? 

My mind boggles at what advances they might see in their lifetimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment