Friday 1 June 2012

Allen key not required

I've been getting a bit frustrated lately with the amount of stuff we have around the house. It's mostly related to Isaac leaving his toys lying around but also because things don't always seem to have a proper 'home'. We only have a small place so I need to get clever about storage. What's the first place I think of when I think storage? Ikea.

This place is so much quieter and more bearable during the week. The weekends can be a nightmare trying to work your way through the sea of people and overstuffed trolleys. We used to live right across the road before the boys were born and Darren and I would enjoy watching from our balcony as people tried to squeeze queen size mattresses or 20 flat packs into their little two door hatchbacks.

I was able to have a leisurely browse through the displays and picked up some ideas for future projects but today I came home with some boxes to help sort Isaac's drawers and some small shelves to display his expanding book collection.

No flat packs on this trip, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment