Saturday 21 July 2012

Memories

 
Growing up in a Maltese family meant that pastizzi was often on the menu. Unfortunately it wasn't something that I was very fond of. Regardless, they always bring back memories of my childhood.

I stumbled upon some in the freezer at Harris Farm yesterday so I decided to grab a packet for lunch over the weekend. It's been years since I've had them so I thought that I may have acquired more of a taste for them now.

The verdict: they were ok and I ate about three but it's still not something I would crave. Darren on the other hand would have fit in quite well with the Maltese family.

1 comment:

  1. When Gerry's Maltese mother was living we used to have feasts, I think that is were Jeanette learnt to cook. Our mum was a basic Aussie cook, although she sure new how to cook sweet things and her sponges were the best

    ReplyDelete