Saturday 14 July 2012

Get your skates on

 
Our local council hosted a winter festival these school holidays with the main attraction being an outdoor ice skating rink. It was something I thought Isaac would enjoy so we all got rugged up and went for a look.

With one of us having to stay with Noah, Darren kindly volunteered me to get onto the ice with Isaac. Isaac had never been ice skating before and I hadn't been since about 1995 - even then I don't think I was confident enough to let go of the side.

I had warned him that it was going to be slippery but I forgot myself just how slippery it was. As we entered the rink hilarity ensued. Isaac lost his balance and then began moving his legs wildly while hanging onto the wall. My uncontrollable laughter and fear of letting go of the wall meant that I was providing little help. Luckily Isaac saw the funny side too. After a few repeats of this we finally got our balance and with the aide of a penguin ventured out into the middle of the ice.

Despite my obvious lack of talent or finesse, I had a lot of fun and I think Isaac did too.

No comments:

Post a Comment