Sunday 1 July 2012

Winning solution

I have a confession - I hate playing cars. With two young boys this is a problem. Whenever Isaac wants me to play with him it's ALWAYS cars. I just don't know how many times I can 'broom' a car and make it interesting.

So today, instead of asking him what he wanted to play, I wrote down a few games/activities onto different pieces of paper, asked him to suggest some activities too (guess what he suggested) and put them into this box. I then got him to pick a piece of paper and we'd do that activity together.

I have to say, it was a great success. Apart from the benefit of spending some quality time together, he got to do some things he wouldn't normally choose to do and I got to avoid playing cars (for today anyway). He was so excited about this new way of choosing something to do that he got dad to pick a few games to play with him when he got home from his day out.

No comments:

Post a Comment